Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Indecision


Indecision

By May Kwek

The room is dark and the windows are closed
Should I stay or should I go?
The door hangs open ever so slightly
And I can feel the wind dancing lightly

But this is all I’ve ever known
Everything here I call my own
Out there are things I’ve never faced
Things which could disrupt my pace

And yet it calls, do I hear a bird?
A being of the free wide open world
Do I feel the warmth of the sun
Which reminds me of good humour and fun?

Yet do I dare take this step?
To venture out to what’s out there
Inside here all is safe
And I can live without a care

But surely to grow this must be done
To embrace the unknown is what man wants
But at the same time there is fear
And I guess that’s what keeping me here

So should I stay or should I go
Out there to the great unknown?
If only I could turn back time
Then I would know all would be fine

Copyright © 2012 by May Kwek

No comments: