Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Writing a poem in a lecture


Writing a poem in a lecture

By May Kwek

I know I shouldn’t be doing this
But sometimes I just can’t resist
The temptation of a rhyme
Not matter the situation or the time

But alas I am learning a lesson
About a slight problem with my mission
That writing a poem during a lecture
Might not really be in my nature

It is harder than it usually is
And my rhymes disappear into a mist
As I try to keep out the teacher
As he continues with the lecture

And the result is a headache
And a poem that’s hard to make
But this I would gladly take
So long as I have a poem on my plate!

Hence in this situation I find myself
And perhaps it is just as well
Or else I would be wasting my time
With nothing in my empty mind!

Copyright © 2012 by May Kwek

No comments: