Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Driving instructions

Driving instructions

By May Kwek

I remember when we were driving around one day
And we found that we had lost our way
So we took out a map and decided to check
But found that map reading skills was something we lacked

You were better so I had to drive
And you would tell me to turn left or right
But not long after, we soon found
That you were holding the map upside down

With that settled the trouble began
And for awhile never seemed to end
For though you could read the map
Your instructions were worse than the map’s!

You would tell me to turn there
And I would have to ask where
In return you would use your finger to point
Or to jab me in a joint!

Then I would give you an affronted stare
Which you replied with an angry glare
After which you would say, “Turn there!”
And I would promptly reply, “Where?”

Copyright © 2012 by May Kwek

No comments: